- RSS Channel Showcase 4237873
- RSS Channel Showcase 9774581
- RSS Channel Showcase 4602834
- RSS Channel Showcase 7935792
Articles on this Page
- 09/08/17--10:54: _New brewery in Itha...
- 09/12/17--18:44: _Regional jets will ...
- 09/18/17--11:34: _Member info session...
- 09/20/17--05:53: _Counter-service Old...
- 10/02/17--17:11: _Emergency meeting c...
- 10/03/17--21:09: _Local farms, brewer...
- 11/11/17--07:40: _Eateries and mercha...
- 11/16/17--05:34: _Bring food for the ...
- 11/16/17--08:22: _Anniversary party a...
- 11/24/17--13:00: _More room to maneuv...
- 12/25/17--20:59: _Cutting the Cord in...
- 01/02/18--11:17: _No suspects in Itha...
- 02/15/18--12:16: _What’s next? Bicker...
- 02/15/18--18:40: _Maguire adds Honda ...
- 02/27/18--04:26: _Pizza delivery driv...
- 04/17/18--10:59: _The day the music d...
- 05/03/18--08:02: _It’s official! The ...
- 05/07/18--08:37: _Tompkins Chamber st...
- 05/12/18--12:48: _Ithaca gains non-st...
- 05/21/18--15:30: _Brew York from Itha...
- 09/08/17--10:54: New brewery in Ithaca’s west end seeks crowdfunding help
- 09/12/17--18:44: Regional jets will replace the last of Ithaca airport’s turboprops
- 09/18/17--11:34: Member info session Monday for planned change at GreenStar
- 09/20/17--05:53: Counter-service Old Mexico Express coming to Ithaca’s east hill
- 10/02/17--17:11: Emergency meeting called for Buffalo Street Books owners
- 11/16/17--05:34: Bring food for the hungry, rock out with new strings!
- 12/25/17--20:59: Cutting the Cord in Trumansburg (and beyond!)
- 01/02/18--11:17: No suspects in Ithaca liquor store robbery, say state police
- 02/15/18--12:16: What’s next? Bickering Twins opening a restaurant in Downtown Ithaca
- 02/15/18--18:40: Maguire adds Honda of Ithaca to car dealership family
- 02/27/18--04:26: Pizza delivery driver robbed and shots fired, say Ithaca police
- 04/17/18--10:59: The day the music died: The Dock is ditching the tunes
- 05/03/18--08:02: It’s official! The Dock will become a “barcade” this month
- 05/12/18--12:48: Ithaca gains non-stop flight service to Washington, D.C. this fall
- 05/21/18--15:30: Brew York from Ithaca Beer may be the New Yorkiest beer ever
Liquid State Brewing Company, a new brewery that's planned for Ithaca's west end, is reaching out to the community for a crowdfunding assist in getting open this fall. They hope to raise $30,000 on a Kickstarter page to finish their 2,800-square-foot beer hall.
The post New brewery in Ithaca’s west end seeks crowdfunding help appeared first on 14850.
Starting next month, the Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport's three commercial airline routes will all feature jet aircraft, according to airport officials. United is replacing the last remaining turboprops serving the airport with Embraer regional jets.
The post Regional jets will replace the last of Ithaca airport’s turboprops appeared first on 14850.
GreenStar is holding a special member info session on Monday evening to share details and answer questions about a new “patronage refund” benefit that's planned for the store's members.
The post Member info session Monday for planned change at GreenStar appeared first on 14850.
Old Mexico opened in Ithaca almost exactly two years ago, and this week 14850 Dining has the word on a new Old Mexico Express location on East Hill. They opened for lunch today.
The post Counter-service Old Mexico Express coming to Ithaca’s east hill appeared first on 14850.
Six years ago, an effort to turn a declining independent bookstore in Downtown Ithaca into a community-owned cooperative saved Buffalo Street Books, and now the store's executive board has called an emergency meeting to decide what's next.
The post Emergency meeting called for Buffalo Street Books owners appeared first on 14850.
Fall is the time to celebrate a bountiful harvest, and this week the P&C Fresh supermarket on Ithaca's east hill is celebrating with a couple dozen special guests, including local farms, beverage and dairy producers.
The post Local farms, brewers, and food producers on hand for P&C Fresh Harvest Sale appeared first on 14850.
Ithaca's Veterans Day parade happened last Sunday, but several area eateries have special offers to honor veterans today.
The post Eateries and merchants offer free meals and discounts on Veterans Day appeared first on 14850.
Hickey's Music Center has a special offer for musicians who'd like to help our neighbors in need for the holiday season. They're offering free guitar strings in exchange for five cans of food.
The post Bring food for the hungry, rock out with new strings! appeared first on 14850.
Rasa Spa was founded in 2006, and this Thursday they're marking their 11th anniversary with a public celebration at their main location in Ithaca's west end.
The post Anniversary party at Rasa Spa will feature food, music, and free mini spa sessions appeared first on 14850.
The store at the Triphammer Marketplace is having a “remodel reveal” event on Small Business Saturday.
The post More room to maneuver, just as much cheese, in remodeled Ithaca Coffee Company appeared first on 14850.
Recently, we were going over our cable bill. $178 a month for a no-phone plan that included high speed Internet (30Mbps), standard cable, DVR, and a few cable boxes. When we realized this was over $2,000 a year, we started to really wonder if this was something our family needed. So we embarked on a journey to find out what some of the other options were, and discovered we could actually get more choice and channels for less money with some creative use of streaming services and hardware to connect things up to the TVs. Here’s what we learned. Background The Ithaca area was one of the first in the country to have a cable TV system, and for good reason. Our geography in a valley makes it practically impossible to get good television signals from the other cities in our area large enough to host broadcast network TV stations (Syracuse, Binghamton, Elmira). Even though this has created benefits for the area (such as a vibrant television program at Ithaca College, and broadband Internet before many other places had it), it has made it challenging for people who just want to watch a few TV channels and not splurge for [...]
Troopers from the New York State Police were first on the scene of an armed robbery at the Top Shelf Liquor Store on Ithaca's south hill last Wednesday, December 27th, and investigators say there are still “no suspects at this time.”
The post No suspects in Ithaca liquor store robbery, say state police appeared first on 14850.
After a year and a half of pop-up taco nights and catering events around town, the Bickering Twins have revealed their plans to open a brick-and-mortar restaurant in the former Bandwagon Brewpub space in Downtown Ithaca.
The post What’s next? Bickering Twins opening a restaurant in Downtown Ithaca appeared first on 14850.
The Maguire Family of Dealerships announced Thursday that the company has acquired Honda of Ithaca. The purchase, effective today, adds a 19th brand to the large chain of car dealers.
The post Maguire adds Honda of Ithaca to car dealership family appeared first on 14850.
The Ithaca Police Department says a Domino's Pizza delivery driver was robbed by a man who displayed a small handgun on Monday night, and the suspect fired into the roadway.
The post Pizza delivery driver robbed and shots fired, say Ithaca police appeared first on 14850.
The final music event scheduled at The Dock, which opened four years ago on Ithaca's waterfront, will be a Donna the Buffalo show on Friday, May 11th. It’s just a few weeks shy of 47 years since A Salty Dog opened its doors on Taughannock Boulevard.
The post The day the music died: The Dock is ditching the tunes appeared first on 14850.
We reported last month that The Dock, which opened four years ago on Ithaca’s waterfront, is ending its music schedule. They’ve just announced they will be operating a “barcade” with pool tables, dart boards, pinball, and other classic arcade games.
The post It’s official! The Dock will become a “barcade” this month appeared first on 14850.
There are many ways hospitality, tourism, education, retail, and housing sectors could be more welcoming to visitors from China, and the Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce is hosting a workshop aimed at improving the reception in the Ithaca area for Chinese travelers.
The post Tompkins Chamber strives to make Ithaca more welcoming to Chinese visitors appeared first on 14850.
The Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport has a big expansion coming next year, but the first big change arrives this fall: daily service to Washington Dulles International Airport. It comes at the cost of our flights to Newark.
The post Ithaca gains non-stop flight service to Washington, D.C. this fall appeared first on 14850.
Founded 20 years ago, Ithaca Beer has long used New York grown barley and hops in beer production, but they set a new bar this month with the release of Brew York, a balanced pale ale dedicated as much to New York's farmers as to its beer drinkers.
The post Brew York from Ithaca Beer may be the New Yorkiest beer ever appeared first on 14850.